Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gould is Gold?

I am currently practicing the "Partita 2" by Bach.

I searched it up on youtube and found this man playing it, who went by the name of Glenn Gould. Magnificent, is he not? I did not understand the way he had played the piece the first time I watched it because all I could concentrate on was where the humming came from. I realized then and there that the humming and singing was coming from Glenn himself! Interestingly enough eh?

Nevertheless, he has caught great recognition throughout the years for exceptional reasons for sure. He plays Bach very influentially - with love and accuracy in each note. A rare man indeed. A genius who appears to be mentally challenged.



2:05 is the climax of this piece =)

Knowing that Glenn Gould played this piece makes me honored to be learning it even further (I know this reason isn't a very good one - but I guess it just makes me even more excited to learn it anyways).