Saturday, February 28, 2009

Keyboard?

You know how everybody thinks that when you reach Grade 10 or ARCT, you should be practicing off of a grand piano? Well, since I'd rather not throw 20k away, I would prefer very much a professional keyboard.

I was looking at the Yamaha S90es, the "perfect combination between synthesizor and keyboard". It was the model I used when I went to the "Electronic Music" workshop at the Art Institute back in 2007.

The piano sounds of the keyboard are recorded off of 'apparently' Yamaha's most expensive grand piano that's selling for some odd 200k. From my experience, it is quite a very nice feeling keyboard; and the sound is almost realistic like a piano!

So I'm currently rummaging through craiglist trying to find a good deal on it, and hopefully I will be able to use this great keyboard for 2k in placement for the grand piano. (I know it won't be a fraction as amazing, but whatever! I'm not about performance anyways, and I'd much rather just play around with the knobs and settings here and there!!).

I have my good old upright Yamaha, anyways, that I'm happy enough with.