Saturday, February 28, 2009

ARCT

So I've been thinking about completing my ARCT.. but since I haven't really been practicing anything (technical), I might actually have a really hard time with it. I don't plan on taking any lessons merely because of my schedule at SFU, so will I suffice by learning on my own time?

There's no use in giving up on it right? I've already acheived my Grade 10 Certificate and my Elementary Piano Pedagogy certificate, ARCT should be a peice of cake! (hahaha yeah right)

ARCT is very complex as you need a tremendous amount of theory (History Harmony Analysis and Counterpoint) -- and of course memorized peices consisting of an HOUR long performance over the stretched period of 2 years. This is not you're average course, it's basicly a degree.

I will be choosing my ARCT repertoire soon with my instructor.. and we'll see how this process goes.